16 Sep 2009, 18:51
Mike-120_pragsmall

Mike Clark (51 posts)

These screencasts were based on Xcode 3.1.2. Xcode 3.2 looks a tad different in some areas, but generally all the shortcuts and power moves are the same.

A few notable changes:

1. If your custom macros stopped working Xcode 3.2, you’ll need to add OnlyAtBOL = YES or NO to each macro definition in your xctxtmacro file. Here’s an example from my ObjectiveC.xctxtmacro file (note the third line):
{
    Identifier = objc.property;
    BasedOn = objc;
    OnlyAtBOL = YES;
    IsMenuItem = YES;
    Name = "@property Definition";
    TextString = "@property (nonatomic, retain) <#type#> *<#variable#>;";
    CompletionPrefix = "prop";
    IncludeContexts = ("xcode.lang.objc.interface");
}
  1. The LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer is now included as part of Xcode 3.2. To run it, simply use the Build->Build and Analyze menu item. The results are displayed in the build results window (shift-command-B).

2. In addition to using ctrl-. to select the next completion, you can now also use tab.

Have fun!

Mike

10 Nov 2009, 03:02
Bobmonsour_pragsmall

Robert Monsour (2 posts)

To clarify one thing about the “OnlyAtBOL = YES;” line…

From my tests, it seems that if you set it to NO, you cannot use completion for the item when it IS at the beginning of a line (beginning meaning the first non-whitespace characters). This had me a bit baffled as I was working through Mike’s great examples in the screencast.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

10 Dec 2009, 20:08
Noah_pragsmall

Noah Buddy (1 post)

Thanks Robert yor remark helps. I’m using SnowLeopard and Xcode 3.2.1. My guess was that OnlyAtBOL stands for “only at the beginning of a line”. However I tested the macros below and the first one (called line) did work only at the biggining of a line. However the second (called hello) didn’t even though it says OnlyAtBol = YES; In fact it only works when it’s not on beginning of a line. I relally don’t understand the logic behind this.

( {

Identifier = objc.line;
BasedOn = objc;
IsMenuItem = YES;
Name = "Line";
TextString = "// -------------------------------------------";
CompletionPrefix = "line";
OnlyAtBOL = YES;
IncludeContexts = ( "xcode.lang.objc" );   }, 

{ Identifier = objc.hello; BasedOn = objc; IsMenuItem = YES; Name = “Hello”; TextString = “Hello, Xcode!”; CompletionPrefix = “hello”; OnlyAtBol = YES; IncludeContexts = ( “xcode.lang.objc” ); }, )

26 Apr 2010, 20:35
Generic-user-small

Greg Maletic (1 post)

Would it be possible to put some sort of text overlays in your instructional videos to say this? (i.e., something like “In Xcode 3.2, make sure to add OnlyAtBOL=YES”, or something along those lines. Or maybe a URL to check out.)

I’ve spent nearly an hour trying to figure this issue out, when in fact the video wasn’t telling me the right info. (Otherwise, your videos are excellent.)

Thanks.

28 Apr 2011, 06:21
2049074320_3af6021287_m_pragsmall

Samuel Green (2 posts)

When Apple releases a new version of iOS they often seem to also include some small fixes and enhancements in an update to Xcode. The release of iOS 4.2 was no different in that it was accompanied by Xcode 3.2.5 One minor change that I think is worth mentioning is the ability to set the base SDK to the “Latest iOS” version. Usually after an SDK version update you need to manually update the base SDK version of each project. The first time you open an existing project after upgrading Xcode will complain that it cannot find the base SDK. With Xcode 3.2.5 you can go into the project settings and specify the base SDK for all configurations to be the latest iOS version.

02 Jun 2011, 14:09
Generic-user-small

Sam McClaughan (1 post)

Thanks for code Noah, it really helped me out. My coding skill are pretty poor.

…moderator cut…

30 Jul 2011, 20:14
Generic-user-small

Brat Vanji (1 post)

I’m happy that is working tab key now...

08 Sep 2011, 07:27
Generic-user-small

motorcycle helmets (1 post)

The first time you open an existing project after upgrading Xcode will complain that it cannot find the base SDK. Thanks.

26 Oct 2011, 16:40
Generic-user-small

Jonas Green (1 post)

I had some problems making it work….. but now it’s working great, thanks for all the tips. If anybody is still having problems dont hesitate to contact me and I will do my best to help Jonas jak poderwac

16 Jan 2012, 16:22
Generic-user-small

sano (3 posts)

methylhexamine steroid .. but now it’s working great, thanks for all the tips. If anybody is still having problems dont hesitate to contact me bulk phenibut

16 Jan 2012, 16:23
Generic-user-small

sano (3 posts)

shizandrol a drug test but now it’s working great, thanks for all the tips. If anybody is still having problems dont hesitate to contact me and I will do my best to help rico reeds clarinet

16 Jan 2012, 16:24
Generic-user-small

sano (3 posts)

yohimbine botanical name it’s working great, thanks for all the tips. If anybody is still having problems dont hesitate to contact me and I will do my best to help

06 Mar 2012, 02:53
Generic-user-small

apollosan (1 post)

this is such a great site…im surely I can learn so many things here…More power

Tenant Background Check

08 Aug 2013, 06:11
Jest_pragsmall

andrea laine (1 post)

I ran into the same problems for 3.2.5 and followed the same instructions. It didn’t work for me, but I noticed that new projects would work properly. binaereoptionen.webnode.com

03 Nov 2013, 00:53
Generic-user-small

victor munoz (1 post)

Xcode 3.2 was released with Mac OS X v10.6 “Snow Leopard” and will not install on any earlier version of Mac OS X. It supports static program analysis, among other features. sites.google.com/site/empleosenguadalajara

You must be logged in to comment