13 Feb 2011, 23:25
Generic-user-small

Eric Foss (1 post)

I’m having a basic problem with XCode (which I haven’t used for quite some time and was never very proficient with). Some months ago, I was having trouble specifying which file I wanted to execute. For example, I would hit “Build and Run” on the file I had open, and then that file would not run but instead would run a previously open file. I figured out that some files would be listed under “Source” in the “Groups and Files” pane on the left and that the old file (that I didn’t want to execute) would be in there. So I’d delete that file, hit “Build and Run” on the current file, and everything would work fine. Now, however, I’m running into a somewhat related problem: I had a file open and then I click “New File” and save it, I delete the references to the old file under “Source”. Now the new file is open in a pane on the bottom, it’s not listed under “Source” or the project folder. If I right click “Source” or the project folder and select “add existing file”, the file I’d like to select is not selectable (it’s grayed out) - presumably because I’ve already selected it. But nonetheless, I don’t see the file in any of the groups or in the main window on the top. Can someone help me with this?

Thank you.

Eric

You must be logged in to comment