15 Jul 2010, 20:51
Generic-user-small

michael kessler (18 posts)

Hello Ryan,

When creating the regular headline ‘title’ and the ‘alternate embedded title’ what’s the advantage to using the alternative? I don’t think I’m grokking the concept.

I’m under the impression that the objective is to write the {title} / ‘headline’ I want and have that appear in the title bar at the top of page … and then have an {alternate_title} … with a headline that uses keywords that only the google bot would see … (though this logic seems to repeat what the ‘keywords’ meta tag is doing.)

Would you please help clarify for me how the alt_title differs from the regular title?

Thanks.

Michael

16 Jul 2010, 07:23
Generic-user-small

Esteban Castro (21 posts)

maybe I can help a little because I understand the concept after see the video… alt title obvious is for SEO proposes… by example you can use alt-title for an optimized title (you need read more about good SEO titles for entries) so if you dont fill the alt-title the video show how they put the normal title instant the alt-title…

I hope that helps a little (sorry for my english)

http://forums.pragprog.com/forums/71/topics/4791

20 Jan 2011, 04:46
Generic-user-small

michael kessler (18 posts)

Why have an {alt_title} for SEO; why not just use the {title} field to create the SEO-qualified title you want?

A custom field makes sense for meta description and keywords, which would be site-wide if not specified per entry, but each entry has a unique {title} field by default, so why not ‘SEO-it’ from the start?

Thanks.

{if embed:alt_title}{embed:alt_title} — {if:elseif embed:title}{embed:title} — {/if} The Engine City Times
  You must be logged in to comment