28 Jan 2011, 00:50
Generic-user-small

Paul Sideleau (4 posts)

Are there any significantly out of date parts with this book compared with the latest version of grails? Are there new features of grails that you would recommend reading up on in addition to this book?

Thank you.

05 Feb 2011, 18:52
Dklein_tiny_pragsmall

Dave Klein (33 posts)

Hi Paul,

There is an update to the ebook in the works. This update will make everything work with Grails 1.3.5. The most significant out of date issue was the default use of packages. When the book was written Grails didn’t create packages for artifacts by default, so I didn’t in the book. That has been changed for the next ebook update. As for new features, I would take a look at named queries. They are very helpful and didn’t exist when I was writing the book.

As an additional resource, I recommend the Grails mailing list, both for posting questions and just for reading questions and answers. It’s a great way to learn things you didn’t even know you needed to learn.

Have fun, Dave

23 Sep 2011, 02:20
Generic-user-small

Gary Sintay (1 post)

Is it an update or a new book? If I buy the ebook now, will I just be able to download the update when it is available, or should I wait?

20 Jul 2012, 23:08
Generic-user-small

Monica Reiss (1 post)

Dave,

Is this still in the works? I can’t seem to find this title in any version as an ebook anywhere, not on this website or elsewhere.

Thanks, Monica

14 Aug 2012, 17:32
Headshot2010_prag_pragsmall

Susannah Davidson Pfalzer (73 posts)

Hi Monica,

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, the book is now out of print.

Best, Susannah Davidson Pfalzer Managing editor Pragmatic Bookshelf

31 May 2013, 04:50
Generic-user-small

Jesús González (1 post)

Is it just currently out of print because you’re working on the update or just out of print?

You must be logged in to comment