16 Apr 2014, 15:35
James2009_pragsmall

James Grenning (141 posts)

Hi All

Sorry for the broken build. I have taken the code to github where I can better keep it up to date. I had to restructure the directories. See the README.md at my github repo for the code.

02 Jul 2014, 11:36
Generic-user-small

Arnd R.Strube (57 posts)

Moving the code to Github is a great idea.

As a suggestion for future improvements, it would now be possible to use Git so the evolution of each example is captured in Git, rather than the folder structure. So rather than a “t0”, a “t1” etc. folder, these would be commits. Although I must say I have always been struggling with the “t”s – I guess I would prefer commits following page numbers, and each change in the book code being captured in a suitable commit.

I do this myself in courses I teach and I find it very easy to jump around in the commits that refer to specific points in my presentation, using a temporary branch that I reset as needed.

Since I build an “artificial” history to do this, the actual evolution of the entire history needs to be captured in some other way, e.g. (shudder!) .zip archives. I haven’t found a better way for that yet.

28 Aug 2014, 02:23
James2009_pragsmall

James Grenning (141 posts)

It sounds like a great suggestion Arnd, though the structure of the TDD-EC book code is kind of a given right now. There is no git for book code and pragprog (at least not when I was writing it) It also is peppered with annotation for the book build. It is difficult to use in its current form. Thanks for the suggestions.

You must be logged in to comment