23 Dec 2011, 20:30
Generic-user-small

Charles A. Monteiro (7 posts)

I get the following when attempting to setup the project for the monkeybars example:

C:\Users\cod2\Documents\NetBeansProjects\bookie>jruby -S rake generate ALL=src/bookie (in C:/Users/cod2/Documents/NetBeansProjects/bookie) rake aborted! Don’t know how to build task ‘generate’

thanks

26 Dec 2011, 19:21
Mr_sketchy_pragsmall

Ian Dees (195 posts)

Hi, Charles.

I’ve seen issues like this before if I ran the generate step before the rawr step. Have you run @rawr install@ from inside the project directory?

If the error persists even after doing another @rawr install@, can you post the versions of the monkeybars and rawr gems on your system? I can try to recreate the issue here. (I may need a few days before I have access to a Windows 7 machine, but I will eventually be able to try it.)

–Ian

04 Jan 2012, 23:27
Generic-user-small

Charles A. Monteiro (7 posts)

thanks , I’ll try to get back to this , but I first decided to conquer the generating of jars which I’m posting about an issue now

25 Mar 2012, 09:34
Generic-user-small

Roberto Gianassi (5 posts)

Hello all,

I followed the monkeybars example on the book, but I have a traceback when I attempt to add/use the RedCloth lib.

In particular, I have a traceback:

Exception in thread “main” org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (LoadError) no such file to load – redcloth at org.jruby.RubyKernel.require(org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1033) at (Anonymous).(root)(C:/Documents and Settings/roberto.gianassi/Documenti/WORK/hello/build/classes/manifest.rb:61) …

The manifest.rb around line 61 is:

add_to_load_path ‘../lib/ruby/redcloth/lib’ require ‘redcloth’

require ‘swing_ext’

so nothing strange.

The RedCloth library is there.

I’m new to Ruby and jRuby, so I’m probably missing something stupid, but I don’t know what to debug.

Roberto Gianassi

27 Mar 2012, 00:38
Mr_sketchy_pragsmall

Ian Dees (195 posts)

Hi, Roberto.

Sorry about this error. I’m not around a machine where I can test this, but I can look into it next week. In the meantime, you may be able to load the RedCloth file using its absolute path.

–Ian

31 Mar 2012, 14:17
Generic-user-small

Hi Ian,

thank you for your replay. No problem about the error: that’s software!

After some more investigation it seems something related to rake 0.8.4. Some slashes are not handled correctly.

So I have now 2 questions: 1. How may I downgrade to rake 0.8.3? 2. I see on rake site that last rake version is 0.8.7. I tried @jruby -S gem update@, but it doesn’t update anything and it says all is up-to-date. Is there any reason to not update to last version? Is possible, in some way, to force the update to a specific rake version?

Thanks again, Roberto

02 Apr 2012, 22:03
Mr_sketchy_pragsmall

Ian Dees (195 posts)

Hi, Roberto.

I was able to replicate the @no such file@ error; it looks like in more recent versions of NetBeans / monkeybars, the @redcloth@ directory wasn’t getting copied into the @build@ folder.

Here’s how I got it running again on my machine. In the @Projects@ pane, right-click on @Libraries@ and choose Add JAR/Folder.... Browse to @lib/ruby/redcloth/lib@ and click Open. The next time you run your app from NetBeans, it will copy RedCloth into the @build@ folder where it needs to be.

In answer to your follow-up questions:

You can type @jruby -S gem uninstall rake@, followed by @jruby -S gem install rake -v ‘=0.8.3’@.

# Rake 0.8.7 may indeed work better for you. Try @jruby -S gem update rake@ or jruby -S gem install rake.

Hope this helps.

–Ian

07 Apr 2012, 17:42
Generic-user-small

It works!

Thank you and Happy Easter!

You must be logged in to comment