Back to: All Forums  Arduino  arduino shields
22 Nov 2012, 01:49
Generic-user-small

Mithursan joseph (2 posts)

HI,

I am planning to use a motor sheild (link given below) to control a stepper motor and an Ethernet sheild for my Arduino uno. I would like to know if i can use both the shields on the same arduino board on top of each other. What can i do if the pins used by the motor shield is also used by the Ethernet shield? will this be a problem? Please help

Thankyou.

Link for the motor shield - http://www.rapidonline.com/electronic-components/arduino-motor-stepper-servo-shield-kit-by-adafruit-73-4497

22 Nov 2012, 19:25
Maik_schmidt_avatar2_pragsmall

Maik Schmidt (113 posts)

Hi!

In principle it’s possible to stack shields, but it heavily depends on the shields and the things you’re going to do with them.

If both shields need permanent access to the same pins, you can not stack them. If they use the same pins, but not at the same time or if they never use the same pins, it should work.

Hope this helps!

Maik

23 Nov 2012, 03:10
Generic-user-small

Mithursan joseph (2 posts)

Thanks Maik. That was helpful :). I am just going to try it and see what is happening. hopefully it works, i will post the results.

Thanks again!

03 Dec 2012, 16:27
Oppa1_pragsmall

Stephan Goldenberg (14 posts)

And don’t forget about the capacitance. If the capacitive load gets too high it might even kill your outputs !

Happy making, Stephan

You must be logged in to comment