18 Feb 2011, 05:44
Generic-user-small

jeff sparman (4 posts)

Created an instance ran Debugger Console saw text. “Hello world I’m a new NotifyingClass instance!”

Followed steps to create another instance,in fact retraced steps twice, doesn’t mean I missed something but only see the one instance when running Debugger Console. Any thoughts?

18 Feb 2011, 11:41
Generic-user-small

Tim Isted (105 posts)

Did you save the xib file in Interface Builder before Building and Running from Xcode? Xcode used to warn if there were unsaved changes in a nib/xib, but hasn’t done for a few versions. Unsaved changes made in Interface Builder won’t take effect in newly built projects.

Otherwise, are there definitely two blue box instances showing in the file in Interface Builder?

22 Feb 2011, 05:12
Generic-user-small

jeff sparman (4 posts)

Yes there are two blue boxes. As stated I run it and only see one instance. Just now to insure it’s being saved, I deleted the second box then with interface builder still open Tools>library>object>inspector>rename to Notifyingclass> Save, then close identity box then saved again with interface open/highlighted. Run debugger console still only one instance. Bummer. Do I build on this level in the next chapter? Thanks

22 Feb 2011, 13:58
Generic-user-small

Tim Isted (105 posts)

Hi Jeff, no you don’t build on the two in the next chapter, you only need one box to be working, but if one is working I can’t think of reasons why they both wouldn’t be producing the output in the console…

If you’d be willing to zip up your TextApp project folder (containing the .xcodeproj file and all class files etc) and email it to me, I’ll see if I can figure out what’s happened. I’m sorry that you’ve run into a problem so early on. My email details are available via my blog.

24 Feb 2011, 06:38
Generic-user-small

jeff sparman (4 posts)

Thanks for the response. I still need to send this to you, been busy.

You must be logged in to comment