07 Nov 2010, 03:32
New_clothes_tilley_hat_v1_pragsmall

Bob Cochran (170 posts)

I bought both the paper and Ebook combo earlier today. I want to put the ebook on my Motorola Droid X phone, however attempting to download the “epub” format in the Droid’s browser gets me an error message that the format is not supported on my device. So my question is, what do I need to do to read this book on the phone? And yes I’m new to the Droid X…but reading web pages on the device is becoming a real joy and I suspect that ebooks will be fun, too.

08 Nov 2010, 15:52
New-avatar_pragsmall

Travis Swicegood (116 posts)

Hey Bob;

I’m going to have to plead ignorance on this one as I don’t have a Droid X. I have a coworker with one, so I’ll check with him and correct this post if anything I say here is incorrect.

So far as I know, you need to have an app that’s capable of reading one of the ebook formats. I found this review of a few readers that might be helpful to you. Depending on the app, you’ll get the ebook to it in different forms. I imagine it’s a matter of mounting your Droid like a hard drive and dropping the appropriate file in the correct location. Again, just guessing as I’m not familiar with the actual device/app myself.

Hope that helps get ya started down the right path, -T

08 Nov 2010, 22:01
New_clothes_tilley_hat_v1_pragsmall

Bob Cochran (170 posts)

Travis,

Thanks for your help with this. The review you pointed me to helped me decide on FBReader. Now I am able to read your book on my Droid X. I’m not sure if another reader is better, but this one is free….

Bob

You must be logged in to comment