25 Jun 2010, 15:08
Generic-user-small

Malcolm Arnold (21 posts)

Please could someone tell me what the green pointers to code indicate in the PDF? I reported this in errata to possibly assist Sam yet there is no discussion there.

Thanks in advance, Malcolm

No explanation of what green pointers indicate. In the How to read this book section the below code exists with green pointers pointing to some lines of code. No where I can find does it explain what these green pointers indicate(I have read to page 88 so far).

class SayController < ApplicationController def hello end def goodbye end end–Malcolm Arnold

25 Jun 2010, 17:04
Samr_small_pragsmall

Sam Ruby (584 posts)

A few paragraphs under that example, still in the How To Read This Book section, you will find:

And in some cases involving the modification of an existing file where the lines to be changed may not be immediately obvious, you will also see some helpful little triangles on the left of the lines that you will need to change. Two such lines are indicated in the previous code.</blockquote>

Is that not clear?

26 Jun 2010, 19:54
Generic-user-small

Malcolm Arnold (21 posts)

Sorry Sam, Thank you. Totally missed it upon rereading several times. Must have been brain fried. I have will self impose a 24 hour rule before posting.

27 Jun 2010, 11:13
Samr_small_pragsmall

Sam Ruby (584 posts)

Not to worry. You were stuck, and I pointed out what you missed (it happens). In all, a good outcome.

You must be logged in to comment