20 Dec 2012, 07:01
Generic-user-small

Steven Smith (2 posts)

I get the following error in the console when I run the Live wallpaper on a samsung galaxy 3. Also seems to effect all samsung phones

520): FATAL EXCEPTION: pool-1-thread-1

E/AndroidRuntime( 9520): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime( 9520): at com.simpleworkerz.boise.sunsets.BoiseSunsetsLiveWallpaper$MyEngine$1.run(BoiseSunsetsLiveWallpaper.java:55)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9520): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1076)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9520): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:569)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9520): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 651): setHidden false

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 651): setHidden false

I/WindowManager( 651): WIN DEATH: Window{423d0120 XXX.XXXXX.XXX.XXXXXXX/XXX.XXXXX.XXX.XXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXXXX paused=false}

I have the latest book and have made all the necessary changes needed. Display works fine, rendering works great, its only when “set wallpaper” is clicked does this issue occur.

I also posted this on stack overflow to see if I could get some answers.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13964436/opengl-live-wallpaper-crashes-only-on-samsung-phones-most-notably-on-samsung-ga?comment=THANK+YOU!!+Now+I+have+something+to+go+off+of.++Your+amazing.

Any ideas? I am totally stuck. What is going on here. Also do you know what exactly happends when “Set wallpaper” is clicked?

20 Dec 2012, 07:03
Generic-user-small

Steven Smith (2 posts)

Also wanted to say Thanks Ed! Your book is great and was a pleasure to read. I still read it and reference it all the time. I am finally feeling like I am moving and progressing quite a bit in android programming and its all thanks to you!

14 Apr 2013, 02:05
Burnette_ed_pragsmall

Ed Burnette (1316 posts)

Thanks for the kind words. This might help for problems on Samsung devices:

• http://forums.pragprog.com/forums/152/topics/8254
  You must be logged in to comment