28 Dec 2012, 16:16
Red queen_pragsmall

yvonne (2 posts)

Hi all,

First I really enjoyed making the sudoku! The problem I encountered is when running it on the emulator it sets up the puzzle (easy, medium or hard) but when clicking on one of the tiles, there is the message: sudoku has stopped. In the log cat I get the following message: Invalid property category path: ValidationPropertiesPage (bundle: org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui, propertyPage: org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.propertyPage.project.validation)

So far I was able to understand the problems I ran into, but this one really got me stuck.

Maybe it could have something to do with the following method:

private void setTile(int x, int y, int value) { puzzle[y*9 + x] = value; }

It gave an error in Eclipse that it needed to return a value so I put return in front of the second line, it made the error message go away but may have created this problem?

EDIT: I’ve fixed the problem of the return error, it was a typing error (private int instead of private void). Unfortunately the sudoku still stops when trying to click on one of the tiles.

31 Dec 2012, 15:25
Red queen_pragsmall

yvonne (2 posts)

I’ve found the problem, after staring very hard at the java code, it turned out to be a problem in the keypad.xml file.

You must be logged in to comment