23 Oct 2010, 16:40
Generic-user-small

Bo Nilsson (2 posts)

Hi!

I tried the first example, and I am already lost. From where does the printout @”Hello World, Hello”@ come? I have not entered that string anywhere, but it is shown on the screen of the emulator.

bo

23 Oct 2010, 17:25
Generic-user-small

Bo Nilsson (2 posts)

Hi again!

I have reached the second example, and the question is answered.

bo

01 Nov 2010, 01:38
Burnette_ed_pragsmall

Ed Burnette (1316 posts)

Self-answering questions, my favorite!

26 Jul 2012, 16:14
Generic-user-small

Michael Birkenmaier (2 posts)

Hi!

I’m using Eclipse 3.7.2 and have the same problem:

If I execute the Hello World example the emulator runs but the string “Hello World, Hello! isn’t displayed.

What could be the reason?

M.

26 Jul 2012, 16:37
Generic-user-small

Michael Birkenmaier (2 posts)

Also problem solved :-)

Solution: You have to wait some time (up to 1 Minute) until the emulator has initialized (if it isn’t running yet) and then unlock the emulator device.

06 Sep 2012, 00:39
Burnette_ed_pragsmall

Ed Burnette (1316 posts)

Depending on the version of Android and your computer’s size and speed it can take up to several minutes for the emulator to start and the upload of your program to happen. That’s why I recommend developers hook up a real device with USB whenever possible.

22 Apr 2014, 21:13
Generic-user-small

Robert England (3 posts)

I wish you would elaborate on your found answers, being obtuse helps no-one in a forum. How does anything in chapter 2 (just finished reading it) make it possible for a program to output a text string, that it was never told to output. (and of course, It Doesn’t!) Is this a Spell book and one needs to know magic? That seems to be the only way to make this do stuff, w/o telling it to.. Psychic manipulation?

You must be logged in to comment