06 Feb 2011, 16:43
Generic-user-small

Anna Droid (5 posts)

Hi,

I updated the Eclipse plugin today. ALl went fine. However I cannot update the Android SDK at all. The error message is:

Skipping ‘Android SDK Tools, revision 9’; it depends on ‘Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 2’ which was not installed. Downloading Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 2 Installing Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 2 Unzip failed: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\temp\PlatformToolPackage.new01\aapt.exe (Åtkomst nekad) Downloading Documentation for Android ‘Honeycomb’ Preview SDK, revision 1 Installing Documentation for Android ‘Honeycomb’ Preview SDK, revision 1 Unzip failed: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\temp\DocPackage.new01\reference\lists.js (Åtkomst nekad) Skipping ‘SDK Platform Android Honeycomb Preview, revision 1’; it depends on ‘Android SDK Tools, revision 9’ which was not installed. Downloading SDK Platform Android 2.3.1, API 9, revision 2 Installing SDK Platform Android 2.3.1, API 9, revision 2 Failed to rename directory C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-9 to C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\temp\PlatformPackage.old01. Failed to rename directory C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-9 to C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\temp\PlatformPackage.old01.

“Åtkomst nekad” is swedish and means “Not allowed to get access to the folder or file”.

I have closed the adb.exe process and Eclipse and Windows Explorer. I have only OpenOffice Writer going. The folder C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\temp\ is empty. I have tried to remove it and create it again, both as the User myself, and as Administrator, and nothing helps.

Regards, AnnaDroid

06 Feb 2011, 17:29
Generic-user-small

Anna Droid (5 posts)

Hi,

I solved it following these advices:

http://mobworld.wordpress.com/2010/10/15/update-android-sdk-independently-without-using-eclipse/

Anna

07 Feb 2011, 14:55
Burnette_ed_pragsmall

Ed Burnette (1316 posts)

Yes, this is a pain and it has happened to me many times on Windows. Thanks for posting the link. In case the link goes down, here’s what it says to do:

• Close Eclipse and close all instances of windows explorer in which the @\android-sdk-windows\tools@ folder was opened
  • Now run the AVD Manager independently as follows:
  • Open a command prompt
  • Go to the directory where android SDK is installed at, and then its tools subdirectory
  • Run android.bat
  • At this point, update just as you would if you were running the AVD Manager from within Eclipse (make sure the proxy settings are mentioned if you are behind the proxy).
07 Feb 2011, 15:21
Generic-user-small

Anna Droid (5 posts)

I forgot to say that i run the command prompt as administrator. At Windows Vista this means to write cmd in Run, and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Then a command window opens where you are administrator. I’m not sure if this is necessary in all cases…

Anna

07 Feb 2011, 18:43
Burnette_ed_pragsmall

Ed Burnette (1316 posts)

FWIW, I didn’t have to run as administrator on Windows 7.

08 Feb 2011, 15:53
Burnette_ed_pragsmall

Ed Burnette (1316 posts)

I found out why I don’t have to run as Administrator but you do:

• http://forums.pragprog.com/forums/152/topics/8622
  You must be logged in to comment