09 Jan 2013, 11:17
Generic-user-small

Heather Poole (5 posts)

Good Morning,

Currently going through The Cucumber Book, really enjoying it and i find it very thorough and clear. However I am currently on Chapter 8, Page 143 trying to get sinatra to start up a web server. I am currently getting this error :

@bundle exec ruby lib/nice_bank.rb Bundler could not find compatible versions for gem “bundler”: In Gemfile: bundler (= 1.0.21) ruby

Current Bundler version: bundler (1.2.3)

This Gemfile requires a different version of Bundler. Perhaps you need to update Bundler by running gem install bundler?@

It seems my bundler is too recent? I was wondering if there was any advice as i dont seem to be able to ask google the correct question and most things i have found are not related.

09 Jan 2013, 12:27

Matt Wynne (86 posts)

Hi Heather,

Yeah, that’s a tricky one!

You should be able to safely remove the specific version restriction the ‘bundler’ gem in our Gemfile. I don’t expect there will be any significant difference with the newer version that will prevent the examples from working.

Let us know if that helps.

cheers, Matt

09 Jan 2013, 15:07
Generic-user-small

Heather Poole (5 posts)

I have been using Aptana Studio 3 on Ubuntu for this (Oddly enough Eclipse decided it was going to stop using the Aptana Plugin so changed to the Standalone)

Going in the direction of your advice, it had what seemed to be an older version of ruby. So using RVM i updated Ruby, installed all the Gems again, taking off the version restriction and its now working!.

Thanks for your speedy reply btw!

27 Jan 2013, 23:22
Generic-user-small

Varsha Kadam (1 post)

I am facing similar issue with bundler and sinatra. I have installed bundler and ran bundle exec ruby lib/nice_bank.rb

I am getting Could not locate Gemfile

I could not find much when I google-d for this. Response will be appreciated!

Thanks from an excited Cuke newbie

You must be logged in to comment