07 Mar 2008, 04:16
Slowmo_pragsmall

Michael Bedward (13 posts)

Hi,

Just had a quick squizz at the code. It’s using JUnit 3. Is there any plan to revise the book for JUnit 4 ?

cheers Michael

19 Aug 2008, 17:44

Charlie O'Keefe (5 posts)

It definitely would be nice to see this book updated. There’s a lot of new stuff in JUnit, and related subjects like mock object tools tdd/bdd etc

25 May 2010, 15:16
Fish_pragsmall

Stu George (6 posts)

two years on, still no update for junit4 etc? :(

11 Nov 2010, 14:48
Generic-user-small

Rob Gilliam (1 post)

Another vote here for updating this book. I need to work on my unit-test fu and the Pragmatic Bookshelf has let me down for the first time!

13 Apr 2011, 14:39
Generic-user-small

Ondrej Nekola (1 post)

I agree. I see no reason to buy a book, that covers Unit 3. It needs a unit 4 (or Test NG) update.

03 Apr 2012, 12:15
Generic-user-small

Alessandro Perucchi (1 post)

I agree that this book would need a refresh concerning JUnit 3.

BUT at the same time, I have a friend who let me have this book for some weeks (maybe more if he forget that I have it :-D), and I’ve read it from cover to cover… and that’s the most interesting and pragmatic book on the subject of Unit Testing that I’ve read.

And to be honnest, using JUnit 3 or 4, is not that important. The goal of this book is to explain Unit Testing, how to use it, what are the things to be careful, etc… etc… JUnit is just a tool that is used to simplify the unit testing.

I’m more unhappy, because I would like to buy this book (well e-book in my case), and I cannot do it here… can somebody from “The Pragmatic Programmers” do something? That’s frustrating!

You must be logged in to comment