Back to: All Forums  Mac Kung Fu  Using ibooks
06 Dec 2011, 00:59
Generic-user-small

Iain Kelly (9 posts)

I’ve just started in the book, and I’m using my ipad to read, while making the changes on my Air.

I’m not sure where the line ends for a command line input. Beginning on p61, does the “type the following:” go on one line, or multiple? Does it matter? I’ll experiment, but wondered if there was a trick to knowing.

Thanks, Iain

06 Dec 2011, 05:13
Generic-user-small

Iain Kelly (9 posts)

I found the problem. Although the text in ibooks shows in two lines, it should be all typed in one line in the Terminal. I would still get an error, because I had a space after the dash and before “bool”, e.g., “ - bool”. This was where the line split in ibooks, so it looked like you needed the space. The proper syntax is “ -bool”.

Sorry for the confusion.

Iain

06 Dec 2011, 14:29
Keir_pragsmall

Keir Thomas (38 posts)

Hi Iain, I understand the guys at Pragmatic are trying to solve the formatting problems inherent in eBooks but it’s very difficult to do. The great news is that you’ll always get any updated versions of the eBooks once they become available.

06 Dec 2011, 14:42
Generic-user-small

Iain Kelly (9 posts)

Thanks Keir. I learned a lot resolving it, and you had some clues in subsequent scripts. I love the update option for the books. I also like having the book on my ipad, and doing the work on the Air. Makes up for the little screen. :)

You must be logged in to comment