10 Aug 2011, 17:16
Generic-user-small

Ellie @ Support (16 posts)

This suggestion/request if from a customer and came in via support

I am running 10.6.8 and will not upgrade to Lion for a while. While Lion has many nice new features it also changed how a lot of apps run.

I tried several of the “tricks” shown on the excerpts of the book and they worked just fine on Snow Leopard.

Are you going mark the “tricks” that work only on Lion so that users like me can see what will not work 10.6 ?

If not, I would make that a suggestion for the authors, it would increase the usability of the book.

07 Sep 2011, 12:28
Generic-user-small

Bernhard Bockelbrink (1 post)

+1

08 Nov 2011, 07:15
Generic-user-small

Dan Acosta (1 post)

Nice question you have there.

09 Nov 2011, 15:34
Keir_pragsmall

Keir Thomas (39 posts)

Out of interest how many of you guys are still using Snow Leopard (10.6)? (I notice this thread was started a while ago before even 10.7.1 was released.)

Are you waiting for 10.7.2 before you upgrade?

23 Nov 2011, 16:54
Generic-user-small

michael cannon (1 post)

I’m waiting until it _“settles down”.

26 Nov 2011, 13:02
Keir_pragsmall

Keir Thomas (39 posts)

It’s about as good as it’s going to get, Michael. It certainly isn’t crashy although there are still a few odd bugs that are irritating (Quick Looking a multipage PDF only shows the first page, even if you scroll down the pages, for example).

But some of what people consider the irritating stuff won’t be going away until the next major OS X release, when it’ll be further refined.

Of course, Mac Kung Fu contains tips that tell you how to systematically deactivate some of the more annoying features…

You must be logged in to comment