30 Sep 2012, 23:31
Generic-user-small

Ken Rincon (3 posts)

I’m rather new to Android and Processing. Let me know if anyone can help me build and run the Gestures example. Thanks!

When I run the Gestures example it throws: FATAL EXCEPTION: main java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: processing.core.PApplet.registerMouseEvent

The error goes away when you comment the line: gesture = new KetaiGesture(this); //(7)

Of course that causes other problems.

Ketai requires 4.0, according to http://forum.processing.org/topic/ketai-v7-released. I suspect Processing is not using the 4.0.

I followed the instructions at http://wiki.processing.org/w/Android#Instructions. That’s the page you suggest in the section Install the Android SDK “Step 2”.

Processing version: 2.0b3.

Ketai: v7.

I tried running on a Google Nexus 7, which I bought because it was tested in the book, and because it’s a nice tablet. The same error occurs on the emulator.

The initial notes for the build:

Android SDK Tools Revision 20 Installed at /Users/kenrincon/android-sdks Project Type: Application Project Target: Android 2.3.3 API level: 10 Library dependencies: No Libraries —————— API<=15: Adding annotations.jar to the classpath. …

Host is OS X 10.7.5.

03 Oct 2012, 20:39
Generic-user-small

Anders Bolinder (1 post)

whats your version of android mine is 4.0.4 and i get the same error as you.

05 Oct 2012, 14:15
Ds_2009_mpark_pragsmall

Daniel Sauter (47 posts)

Hi there, in Processing 2.0 Beta, the way Processing registers mouse event is under construction so is keyboard events.

If you use Processing 2.0 Alpha 9 instead, for instance it will work.

We will release a Ketai library v8 Beta this weekend to this exact gestures issue when you are working with Processing 2.0 Beta 3.

Once Processing is on a stable release, and the way Processing handles Android methods like onResume() slightly differently, we will additionally be able to simplify some of our Ketai examples to register the camera, Bluetooth, NFC. We currently need code snippets that call onResume() directly.

Hope this helps. Best, Daniel

07 Oct 2012, 14:39
Generic-user-small

Ben Meek (2 posts)

any news on v8 yet?

09 Oct 2012, 12:41
Generic-user-small

Ken Rincon (3 posts)

Daniel, thanks for the explanation.

If the next time I look there isn’t a Ketai v8 available, I’ll drop back to Processing 2.0 a9.

All the other examples work, that I’ve tried.

It’s a fun book. KR

14 Oct 2012, 00:13
Generic-user-small

Ken Rincon (3 posts)

V8, it works great! Thanks for the new version.

16 Oct 2012, 11:47
Ds_2009_mpark_pragsmall

Daniel Sauter (47 posts)

Hi Ken, great to hear.

V8 is available also as Gingerbread back-port so the Ketai library matches the same Android 2.3.3 requirement Processing has. Certainly, features such as NFC, WiFi Direct etc. are not available in Gingerbread as they’ve been introduced in 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

Best, Daniel

You must be logged in to comment