07 Oct 2012, 17:10
Generic-user-small

Hiberius Brecht (3 posts)

Hello!

I’m a bit lost currently since I am not able to get the ElectricGuardDog sketch compiled. The compiler is generating a huge list of error messages when I try to compile the script. See below:

In file included from ElectricGuardDog.cpp:4: /MediaPlayer.h:13:18: error: wave.h: No such file or directory In file included from ElectricGuardDog.cpp:4: MediaPlayer.h:29: error: ‘File’ does not name a type MediaPlayer.h:33: error: ‘AF_Wave’ does not name a type MediaPlayer.h:34: error: ‘File’ does not name a type MediaPlayer.h:35: error: ‘Wavefile’ does not name a type ElectricGuardDog.cpp: In constructor ‘MediaPlayer::MediaPlayer()’: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘card’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.cpp: In member function ‘bool MediaPlayer::play(char)’: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘file’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘card’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘putstring’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘waveFile’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘putstring’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘waveFile’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.cpp: In member function ‘void MediaPlayer::resume()’: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘file’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘waveFile’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.cpp: In member function ‘void MediaPlayer::stop()’: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘waveFile’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘file’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘closeFile’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘card’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.cpp: In member function ‘void MediaPlayer::pause()’: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘waveFile’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.cpp: At global scope: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘File’ does not name a type ElectricGuardDog.cpp: In member function ‘void MediaPlayer::openMemoryCard()’: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘card’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘putstring_nl’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘card’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘putstring_nl’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘card’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘putstring_nl’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘card’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘putstring_nl’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.cpp: In member function ‘bool MediaPlayer::isPlaying()’: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘waveFile’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.cpp: In member function ‘int MediaPlayer::exploreSDcard(bool)’: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘card’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘putstring’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.cpp: In member function ‘void MediaPlayer::fileName(int, char)’: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘card’ was not declared in this scope ElectricGuardDog.cpp: In function ‘void playComplete(char*)’: ElectricGuardDog.pde:-1: error: ‘putstring’ was not declared in this scope

Please note that I did place the libraries at the following locations as suggested by the book:

\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AF_Wave \Documents\Arduino\MrHome-code\ElectricGuardDog

I needed to adjust a couple of *.cpp files in order to use the Arduino.h library since I’m running Arduino 1.01

Any help to get the code compiled would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks and regards, Hiberius

09 Oct 2012, 12:43
Generic-user-small

Hiberius Brecht (3 posts)

I installed Arduino 023 and now it compiles just fine.

You must be logged in to comment