29 Sep 2012, 21:08
Generic-user-small

J. Lincoln Barr (2 posts)

Page 275: 3-lines from the bottom of the page, I believe you should refer to selecting the Objective-C class at this step, not the UIViewController subclass.

Page 278:shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation has been deprecated.

Page 287: should mention that we need to import PRPRecipe.h

Page 315: Xcode 4.5 autocompletion generates “aCoder” for encodeWithCoder and “aDecoder” for initWithCoder.

• Lincoln Barr
12 Oct 2012, 09:51
Bjørn tennøe_pragsmall

Bjørn Tennøe (2 posts)

Hi Lincoln,

What device are you reading on? In my PDF, the “shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation” is on the 158th page (which is numbered 144 to add to the confusion). The same page is no. 256 on my iPad (in portrait mode).

Anyway; I am also missing a lot of #imports. In chapter 5.3, where it says “Now that we have everything in place”, I was missing #import “PRPRecipe.h” in three .m files and one #import “PRPRecipesSource.h” as compared to the source files that thankfully are available at the PragProg web site.

Bill, did Lincoln & I do something wrong here, or are you assuming that people at this point should understand when to include #includes? I didn’t for sure. I may have run into the same problem in the Storyboard chapter. After initial setup I can’t build where it says “Now we can run our application and navigate as we did before.” The error I get (and which I don’t understand with my skill level) is:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386: “OBJC_CLASS$_PRPRecipesSource”, referenced from: objc-class-ref in PRPAppDelegate.o ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386 clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thanks, Bjørn

You must be logged in to comment