16 Jul 2013, 05:02
Generic-user-small

Gil Wright (4 posts)

Now this could be a version problem but I think everything was working up to the point where I tired to open the file in Safari. The response in the simulator is: “Download failed. Safari cannot download this file.”.

Xcode is 4.6.3, iOS target is 6.1, Python is whatever comes with Mavericks.

16 Jul 2013, 10:18
Generic-user-small

Gil Wright (4 posts)

I ran the app on an iPhone (and on an iPad) and used the mail - the file was sent but neither device recognises that the Recipes app can open the file. I dropped the file in dropbox and tried to open it - again, no dice.

Went back and tried the instructions again. Checked the pictures against my Xcode and still no luck.

Interestingly, the “additional document properties” (where I have inserted “LSHandlerRank” seems to have other types of data in there - verbose descriptive names not short variables - is this something that has changed?

16 Jul 2013, 10:42
Generic-user-small

Gil Wright (4 posts)

Hmmmmm. Changed target to 6.0 instead of 6.1 and the simulator is happy to open the file in either the sample code version, or my laboriously hand build example. Neither works in 6.1 so presumably something has changed.

Interestingly, both apps (sample code and my version) crash when given the other applications recipe file but seem to be happy to open their own files - I assume something is wrong in the encoding.

You must be logged in to comment