18 Sep 2011, 17:48
Generic-user-small

Colin Jack (9 posts)

You say “Once we’ve done that we can @import “blueprint”. Unfortunately I skipped to the “What To Do” section (I always find it easier to follow once I have something working), unfortunately it misses that bit so I had to look at the online documentation to get it working (http://compass-style.org/examples/blueprint/grid/two_cols/).

One thing I was thinking whilst reading this section is whether its talking about wider topics? Best practices (or just tips) with multiple column layouts, best practices when working with grids, gotchas with compass/blueprint, debugging/resolving oddities you get when using them. Not sure if this is the sort of content your trying to cover, or whether it’d be best to cover here or seperately, but it just occurred to me that it might be useful.

20 Sep 2011, 14:53
Img_2130 copy_pragsmall

Michael JL Catlin (10 posts)

Colin,

Thanks for this comment. I didn’t realise people would mostly use the code-side - this is super-useful information!

And we did want to try to introduce wider topics, best practices, etc., but it’s been tricky. We’ll try adding more.

–michael

20 Sep 2011, 18:53
Generic-user-small

Colin Jack (9 posts)

Hi,

Sorry yeah normally I’d read the text first but the code seemed simpler to start with there.

On wider topics, I defo think I’d find that sort of content very useful. One other that comes to mind (especially when considering the layouts with compass/blueprint) would be support for mobile.

Thanks,

Colin

You must be logged in to comment