01 Nov 2012, 15:50
Generic-user-small

Aaron mcLeod (13 posts)

About done the torquebox deploying chapter. When i run the rake command ` rake deploy:knob `

It completes successfully, however hitting localhost:8888 in my browser returns no data. So, i ssh in to the VM and try to ensure the server is started. Here’s what happens:

vagrant@lucid64:/opt/torquebox$ JBOSS_HOME=/opt/torquebox/jboss TORQUEBOX_HOME=/opt/torquebox jruby/bin/jruby -S rake torquebox:upstart:start
(in /opt/torquebox-2.0.2)
TorqueBox installation appears OK
TorqueBox Server OK: /opt/torquebox/jboss/standalone
TorqueBox install OK: /opt/torquebox
TorqueBox init scripts OK: /etc/init/torquebox.conf
TorqueBox is installed as an upstart service at /opt/torquebox
start: Unable to connect to system bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

Any ideas?

Update:

I was able to fix the above by using apt-get to install dbus, but now when i run the rake task again, I get the following:

vagrant@lucid64:/opt/torquebox$ JBOSS_HOME=/opt/torquebox/jboss TORQUEBOX_HOME=/opt/torquebox jruby/bin/jruby -S rake torquebox:upstart:start
(in /opt/torquebox-2.0.2)
TorqueBox installation appears OK
TorqueBox Server OK: /opt/torquebox/jboss/standalone
TorqueBox install OK: /opt/torquebox
TorqueBox init scripts OK: /etc/init/torquebox.conf
TorqueBox is installed as an upstart service at /opt/torquebox
start: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.1" (uid=1000 pid=2238 comm="start) interface="com.ubuntu.Upstart0_6.Job" member="Start" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="com.ubuntu.Upstart" (uid=0 pid=1 comm="/sbin/init))
01 Nov 2012, 16:35
Generic-user-small

Aaron mcLeod (13 posts)

Okay so, the solution was for me to add the torquebox user stuff back in. I read on the torquebox setup page that it does require the torquebox user. I had issues ssh’ing in with that user before, but it looks like it may been due to the fact i run multiple vagrant instances on this machine for work. Probably changing the torquebox vm to use something else other than localhost might be a good idea.

You must be logged in to comment