28 Apr 2013, 12:58
Klayman_pragsmall

Daniele Maccari (3 posts)

Hi,

I must admit I’m finding reading the pdf versione of the book a little wearying on the screen. The chosen font in particular seems a tad too hefty to me. I’ve just thought you should know, just in case :D

28 Apr 2013, 15:08
Silvias_temp_avatar_pragsmall

Silvia Domenech (35 posts)

Hi Daniele,

I’m sorry to read that you’re having trouble reading the pdf. The font is font that comes by default with Pragmatic books, so I didn’t choose it. I think there’s no fix to that, but I’ll ask around in case there is an option that allows users to choose the font when building the book.

Silvia

29 Apr 2013, 16:38

Hi again,

Unfortunately, you can’t change the typeface in the PDF version. If you use the epub or mobi version, you can change the default font type.

If you use an ebook reading program on your PC and read the epub or mobi version instead of the pdf, you might be able to change the font too. I have never tried that change, though, and the images might be smaller than in the pdf version.

Silvia

01 May 2013, 08:01
Klayman_pragsmall

Daniele Maccari (3 posts)

Yeah epub isn’t exactly the best format for technical books. Thanks anyway, I’ll live with the default font :D

04 Oct 2013, 10:30

Hi Donna,

If you want to read PDF files from your apps, I think that Corona doesn’t come with an embedded PDF reader that lets you read PDF files with 1-2 lines of code.

You can, however, use a library such as the Corona Simple PDF Reader. You can also write code from scratch to do this, but it will require more effort than using a preexisting library.

Silvia

You must be logged in to comment