23 May 2013, 01:32
Daniel_pragsmall

Daniel Mendez Romero (4 posts)

Hello Silvia, I first want to congratulate you. Your book is wonderful, I just fully read and learned a lot. I’m looking forward to publish another book but more advanced, I’ll be the first to get it.

Well just wanted to ask where I can find the sounds for the game “Galactic Warfare”?. In the source code I downloaded from the site where I bought the book, files not found “explosion.wav” and “missile.wav” are not “tune1.wav” and “tune2.wav”.

And in the last game of physics (Chapter 11) are not the images crate1, crate2, and crate3. And the source code for Chapter 11, is not complete. Only that Silvia would like you to help me. Thank you for this book, I loved it :).

23 May 2013, 12:17
Silvias_temp_avatar_pragsmall

Silvia Domenech (35 posts)

Hi Daniel,

Before anything else, thank you for your comments; it’s fantastic to read that you like the book!

I have downloaded the files for chapter 11, and they did have the images (as part of the game’s image sheet). We uploaded the latest version very recently, though. Could it be possible that you downloaded the book just after we uploaded the new PDF, but before we updated the online code files?

If it is not a great inconvenience for you, please download the code files again and tell me if they still lack the full chapter 11 project. If so, I may have broken something when uploading it.

I have not uploaded the sound files to the project folders yet, but here are the links to the current release candidates. Make sure to update globals.lua to change the extensions of the background music sounds to mp3. Missile Launch by Kibblesbob - missile.wav Explosion by Mike Koenig - explosion.wav Space Fighter Loop by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) - tune1.mp3 Pinball Spring by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) - tune2.mp3

Silvia

23 May 2013, 18:02
Daniel_pragsmall

Silvia thank you very much for your answer. I bought the book in its first version and then updated it, I will unburden source code again to check if they are the images. Any comments’ll let you know. Thank you.

23 May 2013, 19:22

Great! Keep me updated if it still doesn’t work.

Silvia

24 May 2013, 02:34
Daniel_pragsmall

Silvia sounds to “Galactic Warfare” are nice, but the images for chapter 11, the physical game is not complete, I needed the images to the crates in order to have the full source code. If you help me with that would be great :).

24 May 2013, 09:58

Daniel,

Sorry about the crates. I thought they were included in the latest source code files. I have uploaded the crates and the updated image sheet to Dropbox, so that you won’t have to wait for the next Beta. The full image sheet has the walls, ball, and crates 1 to 3. You can download it here.

If the codes lack the full source code for this project (i.e. the crate-related code), I can upload that too.

Silvia

24 May 2013, 18:04
Daniel_pragsmall

Thanks Silvia, and downloaded the images and I have the full game :). I’ll be waiting for the next version of the book and other books you post. Greetings.

24 May 2013, 21:00

Thanks! Comments like these make writing worthwhile :)

Silvia

You must be logged in to comment