02 Oct 2012, 19:38
Mr_sketchy_pragsmall

Ian Dees (195 posts)

Hi, everyone.

Are there any Cucumber techniques you’d like to see covered in the book? These could be tricks you’ve discovered, tasks you’ve always wondered how to perform, or follow-ons for specific recipes.

For example: * A follow-on to the JavaScript/CoffeeScript recipe that shows the next step of firing up a headless browser such as Zombie.js * A discussion of the Page Objects technique as it applies to web testing

We’d love to hear from you, either in the Pragmatic forums or on the book’s Twitter account.

Sincerely,

Ian

04 Oct 2012, 11:53
Generic-user-small

Ivan Ryan (1 post)

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a recipe for:

i) to cover testing / driving an oracle 11 database from Cucumber, Ruby version maybe using the oci8 Gem or an alternative

ii) testing / driving a web serice (SOA) from cucumber.

iii) I have come across a comment about how to drive a manual scenario from Cucumber when the hooks are not in place to get the step defns in place, could this be a added? I know its maybe a bad thing but in some circumstances it is not possible to do 100% automation.

Great to see some good practical uses of Cucumber.

Thanks, Ivan

15 Nov 2012, 08:13
Generic-user-small

Vijay Khurana (1 post)

Please consider adding a recipe covering a simple create/update/view/delete application using spring/hibernate/jpa2.

04 Dec 2012, 05:52
Mr_sketchy_pragsmall

Ian Dees (195 posts)

Hi, everyone.

Thank you so much for the ideas. Some of these we’ve been able to incorporate into the book, including web services, Spring/Hibernate, single-page applications, and modular test libraries.

Other topics we plan to release as bonus recipes on the blog, including page objects, Zombie.js, and partially manual test cases.

As I type this, we are preparing the book for the final stages of production. We are grateful to everyone who has read, reviewed, or commented on the book in beta form.

Sincerely,

Ian

You must be logged in to comment