28 Aug 2013, 19:34
Sandeater_pragsmall

Tom Hicks (2 posts)

I’m confused by the file listing on page 6 of the Ring excerpt (labeled clojure/zap/day3/resources/templates/projects.html).

The immediately preceeding sentence says “Let’s pretend that an amazing designer friend of ours has handed us a mockup of the projects page for Zap.” BUT the listing looks like the OUTPUT of the Enlive templating process (i.e. with the project name, project link, and project issues list already filled-in). It would be nice to see both: the template before Enlive and the output after Enlive.

29 Aug 2013, 03:47
Generic-user-small

Jack Moffitt (3 posts)

It’s a mockup, so it has mocked up data in it. Designers I have worked with have typically filled in dummy data so they have something to design around.

Part of the magic of Enlive is that it can take these mockups and replace the dummy content with the real content. You don’t need a template that is empty or missing pieces.

What you are seeing is the template before Enlive. It replaces all the dummy content with real content, and the end result looks the same except that it’s real data not mock data.

29 Aug 2013, 17:33
Sandeater_pragsmall

Tom Hicks (2 posts)

Ah, so. Thanks Jack, that makes sense.

You must be logged in to comment