02 Feb 2013, 22:24
Pcs_pragsmall

Paxton Sanders (1 post)

I’m enjoying it. I come from a C++/OpenGL 1.2 background, so this is exciting.

My question is non-technical. Do you have, and if so can you share, your schedule for completing the remaining chapters?

Thank you.

03 Feb 2013, 12:38
Generic-user-small

Kevin Brothaler (27 posts)

Thanks, glad you are liking it so far. :) We are aiming for around two weeks per chapter, and the “Lighting” chapter was just completed so a new beta should be arriving soon.

23 Feb 2013, 14:15
Generic-user-small

Vitaliy Schreibmann (1 post)

Thx there are no good books about OpenGL ES 2.0 and one book was canceled one month ago.

Your writing style is really god it´s entertaining. Thanks a lot for your afford.

23 Feb 2013, 23:02
Generic-user-small

Thank you, Vitaliy! I appreciate the kind feedback.

25 Feb 2013, 14:53
Generic-user-small

Theodor Borgman (3 posts)

I also love this book. It is by far the best book on the subject.

one note. it might be to early at that point. But when you explain how to draw the triangles, it would be good if there was an explanation that you normally draw counter clockwise. Any explanation would not need to go very deep but this is a trap readers new to OpenGL will fall in if they try to do things to test early on.

Thanks for the time put in to it! Will recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn.

// Theo

25 Feb 2013, 17:14
Generic-user-small

Thanks, Theodor! Good point about the triangle winding; the book currently introduces this at a late chapter, but I think it would be a good idea to have a forward ref earlier on. I’ll add this to the list. :)

You must be logged in to comment