20 Feb 2013, 22:19
Generic-user-small

Paul Silisteanu (4 posts)

Hello,

as you probably know currently the Android SDK is bundled with Eclipse, however the current procedure for installing the SDK described in the book is the old one where you were supposed to manually install everything. The problem is that even the interface is a bit changed vs the figures from the book.

Hope you will be able to change this, otherwise I’m afraid you will have a lot of bad reviews (on Amazon for example).

Paul

21 Feb 2013, 13:27
Generic-user-small

Kevin Brothaler (27 posts)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback! This is actually the second time that this has happened, and the chapter was updated not too long ago for the SDK then in place at that time. I think we’ll wait until the last moment to update it again, so we can be sure to have the latest info in place. I’ll also bring this to the team’s attention so it doesn’t slip through the cracks.

16 May 2013, 00:43
Generic-user-small

Paul Silisteanu (4 posts)

Hello Kevin,

if you still have time before the final version of the book you should definitely check the AndroidStudio. Google just announced it today, it will replace Eclipse as their default IDE.

This change will break all currently published beginner books, maybe you still have a chance to review it in your book.

16 May 2013, 16:38
Generic-user-small

Kevin Brothaler (27 posts)

Hi Paul,

I will mention this to the editor so maybe we can at least get a paragraph in about the new Android Studio. Thanks for bringing this up!

You must be logged in to comment