14 Mar 2013, 08:42
Generic-user-small

Kelsey Roden (6 posts)

I wonder if you will write more books for other areas of OpenGL-ES 2.0 like how to load in character models, maybe add in animations for those models, add effects like running water on the terrain, add in more detailed terrain with caves and such, and other neat areas of game programming.

This book was very well written and easy to follow along with. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

14 Mar 2013, 18:01
Generic-user-small

Kevin Brothaler (36 posts)

I’m glad that you enjoyed it! :) I would definitely love to continue exploring further topics, and while I can’t speak directly for the publishers, I definitely think they’d consider more books in the series if the demand is there.

08 Apr 2013, 09:50
Generic-user-small

Theodor Borgman (3 posts)

I would buy a follow up book if released.

I would love to learn how to do animations and possibly a little physics. where things break, and how to handle that in openGL.

Also if there was a way to generate like trees and stuff and have em auto textured.

I’m almost done with this book, and all I can say is that i enjoyed it! Thanks a million for taking the time going trough it slowly and keeping it easy to follow.

10 Apr 2013, 07:23
Photo on 2013-02-24 at 14.20_pragsmall

Paul Chin (1 post)

Thanks Kevin for filling the huge published-knowledge gap in Java OpenGL ES 2 for Android. You have done a great service to the Android Java community and to humanity. I’m looking forward to follow up books and new editions too and would most definitely buy them.

13 Apr 2013, 19:23
Generic-user-small

Ladislav Thon (2 posts)

I can only say that I enjoyed the book very much and I’d definitely buy a second one. And if it contained at least an appendix (or even a chapter!) on WebGL, that would be super-awesome! Thanks.

15 Apr 2013, 13:14
Generic-user-small

Kevin Brothaler (36 posts)

Thank you all for the encouragement! :)

You must be logged in to comment