10 May 2013, 01:49
Bernardsquare_pragsmall

Bernard Farrell (13 posts)

I’m re-reading David Flanagan’s excellent book JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, especially the part to do with object property iteration.

He points out new functionality that was added with ECMAScript version 5, versus ECMAScript version 3. Do you know which version of ECMAScript the UI Automation tool supports, if any?

10 May 2013, 15:36

Jonathan Penn (43 posts)

Great question! It’s not documented anywhere, but I’ve been able to use ECMAScript 5 features everywhere. I even mention Array.map in the book. Let me know if you find anything that doesn’t work. I’d be pretty surprised if it’s not ECMAScript 5.

11 May 2013, 00:04
Bernardsquare_pragsmall

Bernard Farrell (13 posts)

Duh, I never thought to try that. I was especially interested in using object extensibility for some base classes I may define. I’ll let you know if I find anything that doesn’t work.

11 May 2013, 12:38

Jonathan Penn (43 posts)

The first pass of the book actually had far more complex JavaScript stuff in there, but my editor wisely pointed out that this was not a JavaScript book. :-) I ended up deciding to keep the JS conceptually simple and let the reader’s imagination run with it if they so choose. I agonized for days on how to introduce the object model. :)

You must be logged in to comment