05 Sep 2012, 16:08
Headminmangatar_pragsmall

henry stamerjohann (2 posts)

I wonder if there’s an arrangement to possibly upgrade from the previous ebook edition - I’ve joined beta of previous edition and liked the book of course. but as the turnaround cycle of OS X (Lion a year ago, now Mountain Lion) and of this book in general is quite fast, I’d be happy o see an option for owners of previous ebook edition to join into this version for a reduced amount (like Oreilly provides for its customers)

05 Sep 2012, 19:24
Generic-user-small

Joseph VanAndel (2 posts)

I agree, please offer an upgrade to customers who bought the previous edition.

05 Sep 2012, 20:21
Generic-user-small

Laurence Van Peursem, III (1 post)

Yes please! I have purchased many titles from Pragmatic. Would definitely appreciate an upgrade discount!

05 Sep 2012, 20:36
Generic-user-small

Bruno Ricci (1 post)

I too would greatly appreciate an arrangment from pragmatic to upgrade from previous version

Thanks in advance

06 Sep 2012, 15:06
Andy-talking_pragsmall

Andrew Hunt (125 posts)

Hey folks – here’s what we usually do: for most changes, the author updates the existing book and we roll it out as a “printing”, with the changes available for free to everyone with an ebook. Folks who buy paper will get the changes after the new paper printing rolls into the distribution stream.

But for major changes, where the author has put in enough effort to warrant a new edition, we consider it a whole new book, so there’s no upgrade discount.

Having said that, we’re looking at a couple of different models that would turn a lot of what we’ve done on it’s head. So stay tuned, we may have some surprises in store (pun intended ;)

06 Sep 2012, 15:10
Menew_pragsmall

David Sica (1 post)

Thanks, I’m also interested as a owner of the 1st ed eBook version.

13 Nov 2012, 12:57
Generic-user-small

Pop Qvarnström (2 posts)

Also interested here, an upgrade path for owners of earlier edition ebooks would be great. I’d happily buy the beta ebook in this instant if a discount was available, but chances of me buying the new edition ebook at full price are really pretty slim. (For reference, the upgrade deals at O’Reilly have moved money from my pocket to theirs on multiple occasions, even when I wasn’t THAT interested in the new edition.)

You must be logged in to comment