09 Jan 2013, 22:50
Jruby-conf-profile-mug_pragsmall

Joe Kutner (80 posts)

Welcome to the HealthyProg forum. You probably won’t have any technical issues with this book, but that shouldn’t stop us from having a good discussion. Feel free to post questions about topics in the book, or expand out to stuff that wasn’t included. Your health covers a broad spectrum and anything is game.

09 Jan 2013, 23:55
Generic-user-small

Stian Drøbak (6 posts)

This is great :D Have been looking forward to this book’s release since I read the title in a news post. I was really hoping it would be released as Beta so I didn’t have to wait :D

10 Jan 2013, 00:59
Generic-user-small

Jonathan Creamer (1 post)

Any idea when this book will have a full release? Looks great!

10 Jan 2013, 23:53

Joe Kutner (80 posts)

We are aiming for a final release sometime in mid-February.

EDIT: I meant mid-March

11 Jan 2013, 02:07
Kamakura_pragsmall

Frank (4 posts)

Hello! This book puts a smile on my face. Will you have before and after photographs of programmer transformations?

:p

11 Jan 2013, 03:43

Joe Kutner (80 posts)

If people are willing to share their pics, I would love show them. I think that’s something to be very proud of.

11 Jan 2013, 22:25
Reinout_nens_medium_pragsmall

Reinout van Rees (4 posts)

I just started on the book, but one thing made me stumble right away: mon-metric units. 6 feet 2 inches just doesn’t tell me anything right away. I have to stop and do 6 times 30 + 2 times 2.5 = 1.85 meters as calculation in my head. I checked and it ought to be 1m88…

Pounds are easily divisible by 2.

Could you put metric units in parenthesis everywhere? If you think that’s a lot of effort, just multiply that effort by the amount of non-imperial-unit-users you hope will buy your book :-)

Or warn about it on the book’s info page if you won’t do it. It really is irritating :-)

11 Jan 2013, 22:28

Joe Kutner (80 posts)

Thanks for the suggestion. I wish i could use metric only :) I will definitely try to incorporate them as you sugget.

You must be logged in to comment