10 Jan 2013, 15:09
Jruby-conf-profile-mug_pragsmall

Joe Kutner (81 posts)

Be sure to check out the Health Programmer iPhone app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-healthy-programmer/id576258650

If you have bugs, questions or comments, feel free to post them here.

10 Jan 2013, 18:18
Generic-user-small

Patricio Aguilera (2 posts)

Will there be an Android app as well?

10 Jan 2013, 23:52

Joe Kutner (81 posts)

I don’t have plans for one at this time. But I’m hoping to release a web interface in the future.

20 Jan 2013, 11:41
Datacharmer_500x439_pragsmall

Giuseppe Maxia (2 posts)

Hi, The iPhone App is a neat addition to the book. There are two things that would make it more useful to me: 1) using metric measurements instead of Imperial ones (perhaps a configuration option?), as inches and pounds are foreign to me. 2) adding pictures to the list of exercises. Recognising the exercise from their description is not as easy as when looking at one of the pictures from the book.

22 Jan 2013, 04:45

Joe Kutner (81 posts)

Metic units will be added for sure (waiting on App store review actually). I really want to include the pictures, but I have some permissions issues right now. I’m working on that.

Thanks for the feedback.

07 Mar 2013, 02:33
8291361148_e5407c30eb_z_pragsmall

Steve VanSickle (1 post)

With no planned android release, the web version would be much appreciated!

04 Feb 2014, 18:55
Generic-user-small

Yuan-Yuan Sun (1 post)

Got the app in iOS 7.05. My pomodoro timer stops as soon as the iPhone turns off / sleeps. Am I doing something wrong or is it actually nor running in the background?

09 Feb 2014, 18:48

Joe Kutner (81 posts)

I guess I’d consider that a bug. But I think I had it do that on purpose because I was unsure of the best behavior for when it goes to sleep.

How do you think it should behave? If the timer goes off while the phone is asleep should it put an alert on the lock screen? Should it not start the next iteration until it’s been unlocked? I’d love to have your feedback. Thanks!

You must be logged in to comment