11 Jan 2013, 21:38
Jruby-conf-profile-mug_pragsmall

Joe Kutner (81 posts)

I’m wrapping up some bug fixes and enhancements in the healthyprog iphone app. Please let me know what features you would like to see.

12 Jan 2013, 17:05
Img_0022_120dpi_pragsmall

Torsten Becker (8 posts)

Hi,

I would like the metric sizes (cm, kg, etc) in the setup… As a European, the US values are difficult to track and my scale delivers kilograms.

13 Jan 2013, 00:28
Generic-user-small

Stian Drøbak (6 posts)

I agree with Torsten. Converting values manually every time would be a bit annoying.

14 Jan 2013, 16:07

Joe Kutner (81 posts)

Yes, metric is definitely coming in the next release (after the one that is under app store review right now). Thanks.

15 Jan 2013, 22:44
Ad34hijkspw69jtpeevzoba_o7q5mtzvnjrzmqv4nz4ekhdao9zrtuhvujcpazeeo97plx-pbupxkmoqw0_g-1_sah71qovxsiqnfkrilyz3vyd3fx9bt00_pragsmall

Stephen Ball (3 posts)

A pomodoro timer and an exercise timer would be great.

Ideally the exercise timer could be configured to call out the exercises and when its time to switch sides and automatically log the completed exercise. But even just a built in dual 30 second timer would be handy.

18 Jan 2013, 22:49
Laurence_pragsmall

Laurence Gonsalves (1 post)

Are there any plans to create an equivalent Android app?

22 Jan 2013, 05:30

Joe Kutner (81 posts)

Pomodoro timer is coming soon.

I don’t have plans for an Android version, but I will likely create a web interface at some point.

23 Jan 2013, 20:24
Trekkie profile pic_pragsmall

toby carter (6 posts)

Do you have any pressing need for compiling this to be iOS 6+? I’m in no mad rush to upgrade my iPhone 4 and people with older and slower devices either can’t, or would likely risk having things start to feel grindingly slow (an experience I recall from upgrading my 3G one time too many) so there is a market segment you’re losing here.

24 Jan 2013, 02:10

Joe Kutner (81 posts)

toby, I definitely feel your pain on the upgrades. I had the same experience on my 3g and it left me gun-shy. However, my iPhone 4 has handled iOS6 pretty well (though I use a 4S day-to-day).

I am using some features that are only available in iOS6 (mainly because I’m reusing components from other apps I’ve built). So I’m probably going to stick with with the newer OS. But if I put together a web interface, I’ll be sure to make it mobile friendly.

28 Jan 2013, 15:38
Trekkie profile pic_pragsmall

toby carter (6 posts)

I am using some features that are only available in iOS6 (mainly because I’m reusing components from other apps I’ve built)

ok, good reason ;)

30 Jan 2013, 21:00

Joe Kutner (81 posts)

I did some tinkering, and it turned out to be pretty easy to get away from 6.0. I’m building with a 5.1 target now, and after some testing (and the App Store review) I should have a compatible version out for download.

15 Mar 2013, 16:42
Tcurvelo_pragsmall

Thiago Curvelo (1 post)

bq. Are there any plans to create an equivalent Android app?

+1 for Android app (or a web interface)

You must be logged in to comment