26 Dec 2013, 19:45
New_clothes_tilley_hat_v1_pragsmall

Bob Cochran (170 posts)

I wonder what text editors others are using? I’m using WebStorm 7.0.2. I also installed Sublime Text (version 2) but have yet to try it out.

I confess that most of my editing to date has been with nano.

Webstorm is a help to me because it matches up curly braces and parentheses for me as I code. It also tells me if I have a mismatched brace or parenthesis. I’m now using nano only if I must.

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

26 Dec 2013, 20:01

Jim R. Wilson (59 posts)

I use gedit—I realize this is unpopular. :)

27 Dec 2013, 02:41
New_clothes_tilley_hat_v1_pragsmall

Bob Cochran (170 posts)

At least gedit can print! I’ve used it before and like it.

I’ve been playing with Sublime Text 2 and it simply cannot print to paper. I am stunned. I’m gobsmacked! I need the printing feature for much of my work. Luckily I am still using the unregistered trial version – I downloaded it weeks ago but only started using it today. WebStorm does support printing. It also has intelligent code-completion features missing in Sublime Text. Intelligent code-completion is a sort of standard now that most people expect in an editor – even a free one like Eclipse.

I admit the look of the Sublime Text editor window is very nice.

This is not to say that Webstorm has good printing support, but it does print in a useful way. I’ll stick with WebStorm and nano.

30 Apr 2014, 23:04
Generic-user-small

Andrew Caines (1 post)

I use Bracket.io its perfect.

22 May 2014, 17:48
Selfie on 5-6-14 at 11.30 pm s_pragsmall

Aniket Suryavanshi (7 posts)

I use Sublime Text 3. It’s highly evolved, as can be seen here: https://sublime.wbond.net/stats . I’m a front-end developer, and I find it very useful. It’s been almost 2 years since I started using this, and I’m very satisfied with it’s looks, performance and extensibility. Regular features I use is parens matching, indentation, git gutter, git integration, removing trailing spaces (unnecessary white space) and a bunch more of features.

You must be logged in to comment