13 Nov 2013, 02:15
Generic-user-small

Sean Lindsay (5 posts)

I was reading in the forums for the 3rd edition about a coupon for a free upgrade to the 4th edition since the 3rd edition was superseded. I went to search my emails and the only reference I found about the free upgrade coupon is in one of the weekly newsletters sent by Andy Hunt back in February. I obviously missed it the first time. It does seem unfair that it was a timed offer. I have bought a lot of books from Pragmatic Programmers and would appreciate the opportunity to at least buy the book at a discount. I don’t even need it to be free as I want to support the company, but it seems that since the 3rd edition is superseded, I should at least be given the opportunity to buy the fourth edition at a discount.

13 Nov 2013, 23:00
Generic-user-small

James McCarthy (2 posts)

+1 I have bought the pickaxe so many time now and the 1.9 -> 2.0 seems like a purchase too far.

15 Nov 2013, 16:50
Dave_gnome_head_isolated_pragsmall

Dave Thomas (337 posts)

No disagreement here. There was a good reason for the time limit, but for the life of me I can’t remember it, so I’ve made it valid again until the end of the year.

Enjoy.

Dave

15 Nov 2013, 20:06
Generic-user-small

Sean Lindsay (5 posts)

Hi Dave,

That’s awesome; thank you! The superb customer support is one of the reasons that I keep coming back to Pragmatic Programmers!

Best Regards, Sean

06 Jan 2014, 05:49
19f5bfe7bd402fbfc8837ad9500c1abe_pragsmall

Alyssa Eiraku (2 posts)

Oh, blah. I never got the original newsletter as I only signed up for updates on books I own, and the end of the year extension is now over anyway :/

10 Jul 2014, 02:09
Generic-user-small

Matt fisher (1 post)

Is there any way this is still available? I know I am late to the party

You must be logged in to comment