01 Apr 2014, 02:47
Generic-user-small

Sergio Cardoso (3 posts)

Tony,

First, congratulations on the book! Great material. Going through the chapters and after having fun with the lightsaber started to wonder about how to embedded these sounds into an app to show them off. Topic that you cover in the final chapter.

But, after looking a bit into libpd and trying to compile the code from the book I realized that this won’t be as simple as things had been so far. Trying to build libpd from their git repo didn’t get much farther either.

So, to make this short: any good steps about setting up the correct environment (target SDK’s, paths, Xcode version, etc) in order to have the projects build successfully?

Notice that I’m also trying to embed Pd into OS X, which I believe is doable with the Products from these projects. Did you have any success doing it?

Thanks for any leads!

Best, Sergio

02 Apr 2014, 15:35
Mypicture_pragsmall

Tony Hillerson (21 posts)

Are you able to get the sample project from the book building?

04 Apr 2014, 05:10
Generic-user-small

Sergio Cardoso (3 posts)

Nope. Using Xcode 4.6.3 on 10.8.5, while building both Tasks and TasksTests from either before or Tasks folders I’m getting a

“The document ‘TaskListViewController.xib’ could not be opened. Could not read archive. Please use a newer version of Xcode. Consider changing the document’s Development Target to preserve compatibility.”

I thought I needed 10.9 for iOS 7.1 and the newer versions of Xcode.

Update: Following the advice, updated to Xcode 5.1 (didn’t realize mine was so outdated, and it does install on 10.8.5) and it build and run fine.

Now let’s make the changes you point out in the chapter.

Best, Sergio

04 Apr 2014, 15:36
Mypicture_pragsmall

Good to hear, Sergio. Thanks for tracking that down. Can you add an errata?

05 Apr 2014, 19:31
Generic-user-small

Sergio Cardoso (3 posts)

Done.

16 Apr 2014, 17:31
Mypicture_pragsmall

Great, thanks Sergio

You must be logged in to comment