06 Jun 2013, 01:59
Bryce_pragsmall

Bryce Darling (6 posts)

Running in to an error with the code from “project/issues-01/lib/github_issues.ex”:

hi:issues bryce$ iex -S mix
Erlang R16B (erts-5.10.1) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false] [dtrace]

Compiled lib/issues.ex
== Compilation error on file lib/issues/github_issues.ex ==
** (CompileError) /Users/bryce/Projects/issues/lib/issues/github_issues.ex:12: function '_status'/0 undefined

I changed “_status” to “status” from line 12 of that file and it works fine now but I am not sure that is what I am supposed to do.

Thank you for any help! :-) Bryce

06 Jun 2013, 17:42
Bryce_pragsmall

Bryce Darling (6 posts)

Also having an issue with the binary created by escriptize. The code works great inside of iex, but fails when using ./issues

i:issues bryce$ iex -S mix
Erlang R16B (erts-5.10.1) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false] [dtrace]

Interactive Elixir (0.9.1) - press Ctrl+C to exit (type h() ENTER for help)
iex(1)> Issues.CLI.process {"brianium", "paratest", 4}
user brianium | project paratest | count 4
nu | created_at           | title                                                  
---+----------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
17 | 2013-01-10T15:14:36Z | dependent tests                                        
19 | 2013-01-30T08:37:20Z | Incorrent xml output if I use the dataProvider in tests
26 | 2013-02-09T16:13:50Z | Running unit tests                                     
29 | 2013-02-24T13:42:17Z | Reuse bootstrap: --runner WrapperRunner                
[]

Looks great! And then…

hi:issues bryce$ ./issues brianium paratest 4
user brianium | project paratest | count 4
** (ArgumentError) argument error
    :ets.lookup(:ibrowse_lb, {'api.github.com',443})
    src/ibrowse.erl:317: :ibrowse.send_req/6
    /Users/bryce/Projects/issues/deps/httpotion/lib/httpotion.ex:82: HTTPotion.request/5
    /Users/bryce/Projects/issues/lib/issues/github_issues.ex:8: Issues.GithubIssues.fetch/2
    /Users/bryce/Projects/issues/lib/issues/cli.ex:47: Issues.CLI.process/1
    /private/tmp/elixir-HK9n/elixir-0.9.1/lib/elixir/lib/kernel/cli.ex:39: Kernel.CLI.run/2
    escript.erl:741: :escript.run/2
    escript.erl:277: :escript.start/1

It’s been a really great book, I am excited to keep working through it and learning Elixir. I am especially excited to apply what I learned to writing an Elixir REST API (probably with dynamo?) and comparing the performance with a Ruby Sinatra REST API.

Cheers, Bryce

You must be logged in to comment