30 May 2008, 14:05
Generic-user-small

Marcelo Alvim (2 posts)

Hi,

I use Mac OS, and have just bought the book. I downloaded the code and, going into code/GetARRunning, I found lots of windows executables and a “MacOS” directory. Going into that directory, I can only find “macos_opengl_only_compiled”, seemingly an app, but I couldn’t even get it to run.

Does that really mean there is no compiled stuff provided for MacOS, or is it somewhere I couldn’t find.

Thanks, Marcelo Alvim.

07 Jun 2008, 19:36
Generic-user-small

Robert Rice (2 posts)

Marcelo,

Were you ever able to figure out your compiling problem with MacOS and ARTag? It seems I’ve been having quite a bit of trouble getting ARTag to work in Mac as well.

Thanks, -R

12 Jun 2008, 05:26
Generic-user-small

Marcelo Alvim (2 posts)

Hey, Robert. Unfortunately, not yet. How about you, any progress?

08 Apr 2009, 02:33
Generic-user-small

David Wilhelm (4 posts)

I got the demos from the SDK to compile, using the SDK/compiling_for_macosx_intel_readme.txt which is actually a shell script, so if you source it, it compiles the demos, assuming you have OpenGL libs in the expected places (They were already there on Leopard, though I did install the build tools, so it may have been part of that).

SO I made me a little shell script in my ~/bin to compile my AR apps…it has this inside:

export AR_HOME=/path/to/artag_rev2k_sdk_macosx_1209 ranlib $AR_HOME/lib/libartag_rev2k_intel.a

gcc -framework GLUT -framework OpenGL -Wall -o $2 $1 -I $AR_HOME/include/ -I /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers -I /System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Headers -Llib -L/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Libraries -lGL -lGLU -lm -lobjc -lstdc++

it takes 2 params, the first is the .cpp source file, the second is the output (which doesn’t have to be .app). Don’t forget the second param or it will eat your source code (sorry, I suck at shell scripting).

Unfortunately I’m having issues with building the basic_artag_opengl demo .cpp, as its giving errors about cvcam not existing…. guess more hacking is required.

You must be logged in to comment