30 Dec 2008, 20:24
Generic-user-small

Kedar Mhaswade (21 posts)

I purchased this book a while ago and started experimenting with it. I followed the exact instructions as in the “Rails App in 15 minutes” and to my utter disappointment, with Ubuntu 8.0.4 and the usual apt-get installs for latest rails runtime, I am not able to run the “people” example. Then I abandoned that effort, downloaded the .tgz source file and just tried running script/server from people folder that can with the sources.

I get tonne of errors like: => Booting WEBrick… /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:445:in load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant ActionWebService (NameError) from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:77:in const_missing’ from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:89:in const_missing' from /home/kedar/Projects/ror/RubyForJavaDevelopersBook/people/config/environment.rb:47 from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/initializer.rb:110:in run’ from /home/kedar/Projects/ror/RubyForJavaDevelopersBook/people/config/environment.rb:18 from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in gem_original_require' from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in require’ from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:153:in require' ... 11 levels... from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:153:in require’ from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:521:in new_constants_in' from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:153:in require’ from script/server:3

Is compatibility of no concern for rails?

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance, Kedar

You must be logged in to comment