02 Mar 2009, 20:22
Generic-user-small

Adam Pennycuick (1 post)

First of all thanks for this fantastic book, I’ve found it to be an invaluable reference.

I have a question about recipe 83, giving users their own subdomains and domains. I’ve implemented this recipe successfully with one catch - I want session data to be maintained across several subdomains and domains, so that a user can log in at www.domain1.com, navigate to www.domain2.com and still be logged in with the same account. From your recipe it seems that each domain will have its own session (unless I’ve done something wrong?).

Is the above possible? I understand that it’s quite a difficult thing to implement, due to the requirement that cookies can’t come from a different domain, but I’m sure it must still be possible - perhaps by using ActiveResource to send data between the domains. Do you have any ideas on this? It might be a good one for Advanced Rails Recipies 2!

14 Dec 2009, 18:49
Myself_small_pragsmall

Anatoly Mikhaylov (6 posts)

please take a look at: http://code.google.com/p/rubycas-server/ RubyCAS-Server is an implementation of the server-end of JA-SIG’s CAS protocol, providing a cross-domain single sign-on solution for web applications.

You must be logged in to comment