13 Aug 2009, 00:37
Generic-user-small

Carl Graff (12 posts)

Is this book still pretty up to date or are there newer (perhaps better) alternatives not covered that would justify a second edition?

Thanks, Carl

20 Aug 2009, 12:53
Generic-user-small

Rafael Vega (2 posts)

I have the same question here, is this book still up-to-date? I don’t see any reference to Passenger on the table of contents.

10 May 2010, 16:49
Generic-user-small

Csaba Nemeth (5 posts)

I hope there is going to be an update to this book soon (preferably using Git instead of SVN). I’ve been trying to deploy my first Rails app following chapter 28 in Agile Web Development with Rails, 3rd, ed., with not much success so far. For new users like me, that chapter simply does not have enough (detailed) information.

Thanks, Csaba

14 Jun 2010, 23:48
Generic-user-small

David Kahn (1 post)

In my experience this book is horribly out of date, at least in respect to Windows. The steps do not work.

06 Aug 2010, 01:46
Bphogan_pragsmall

Brian P. Hogan (145 posts)

Well, I wrote the Windows chapter… and I still manage a cluster of servers that have apps deployed on Windows servers. Can I maybe clear up some issues for you? Start a thread here with your questions, I’ll try to help you sort things out. I’d personally love to see an update to this book, but I don’t know anything about that.

You must be logged in to comment