24 Mar 2008, 04:34
Generic-user-small

Jack Johnson (4 posts)

More or less a follow-up to my post looking for a Windows equivalent to monit… Does anybody have any experiences with Rails’ deployment stability they’d care to share? I never heard about the memory leaks, need to restart mongrels, etc. before I read Zed Shaw’s rant, but now it seems like it was common knowledge to everybody but me. How big / common a problem is this for those of you deploying real apps? (As you can probably guess, I haven’t deployed any Rails apps yet, and I’d like to get some background from those who have been there, done that…)

Thanks,

Jack

29 Mar 2008, 12:17
Generic-user-small

Jack Johnson (4 posts)

Hmmm… Not sure how to interpret the total silence here. Have I asked the wrong question somehow? Have I asked in the wrong place? I thought the forum for a book on deploying rails seemed like a natural spot, but maybe everybody else is here to learn about deployment issues before they try it, just like me…

If anybody reading this has put a rails app into production, I’d appreciate any deployment stories you can share. (I’m assuming the authors have some successful deployments under their belts, so deployment stability comments are welcome from you, too! :^D )

Thanks,

Jack

10 Jul 2008, 12:20
Generic-user-small

Ben H. (4 posts)

I really wonder if you can run into serious problems using capistrano, e.g. when using it with too little knowlegde of its internals. Seems all can be done by hand in a error case, but as soon as you deploy to more than 10 Servers “by hand” can hurt a lot over weeks.

You must be logged in to comment