21 Dec 2007, 20:57
Generic-user-small

Daryl Gubler (2 posts)

I am using Rails 2.0.1 and when I create the Subscribers Controller in the intro application I receive routing errors (No route matches “/subscribers/create” with {:method=>:get}), not the Template Missing Error from Figure 1.4

21 Dec 2007, 21:03
Generic-user-small

Daryl Gubler (2 posts)

OK… apparently a restart of the WEBrick server resolves this issue. You may want to make a note of this right after the creation of the Subscribers model… especially after you mention on page 29 that you only have to restart the WEBrick server after changes to the config folder.

This may be an issue with Rails on Windows?

21 Dec 2007, 23:23
Derek_pragsmall

Derek DeVries (18 posts)

Daryl,

I’ve only heard of this problem once before, and it was indeed from someone else using Windows. I’ll investigate, and make sure to add a note in the book if this is an issue.

Derek

06 Jan 2008, 04:49
John_pragsmall

John Fiala (5 posts)

Actually, I’m using Kubuntu 7.10, and I ran into the same problem when I created my Users controller. I was really wondering what was going on, and on a whim restarted WEBrick - at which point things started to work again.

06 Jan 2008, 05:59
Mike_pragsmall

Mike Naberezny (7 posts)

John,

You’re right, it turned out not to be a Windows-specific issue. It was just a coincidence that the first two users to experience it were on Windows. We’ve added a note to the newest version of the book (not released yet) that restarting the web server might be necessary.

Mike

23 Feb 2008, 18:40
Mike_pragsmall

Mike Naberezny (7 posts)

Dustin,

These notes are found under “Starting Up the Server”. In the latest PDF, that’s on page 29. In the printed book, it’s page 14.

Mike

You must be logged in to comment