16 Oct 2008, 21:08
Generic-user-small

Bakki Kudva (2 posts)

I am running the step1 code on dojo-1.2.0 and I get the following in the firebug console. »> pe is undefined (?)()dojo.js (line 150) (?)()dojo.js (line 74) startup()()main.js (line 61) (?)()()localhost:4000 (line 25) toString()()dojo.js (line 16) toString()()dojo.js (line 16) toString()()dojo.js (line 16) toString()(DOMContentLoaded )dojo.js (line 16) [Break on this error] undefined «< I get 4 horizontal bars with menu, status, navigator and workspace strings and the css colors in them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-bakki

05 Nov 2008, 08:10
Generic-user-small

Jon Yamokoski (2 posts)

I am not sure about the exact errors that you are getting but I was also seeing the “pe is undefined” error when I tried to run the code using dojo-1.2.0, and the resulting web page looked nothing like what was published in the book.

I decided to give an older version of dojo a try (dojo-1.1.1) and now everything works as expected. So apparently the book was written using an older version of dojo and the latest release isn’t compatible.

02 Dec 2008, 08:59
Generic-user-small

Seth Mason (1 post)

If you change the line 69 in code/baf/step1/obe/main.js from:

appContainer.layout();

to:

appContainer.startup();

That should resolve the errors you are seeing in 1.2.2. Unfortunately, it probably won’t be the last incompatibility you’ll see.

09 Jan 2009, 10:16
Rcg2_pragsmall

Rawld Gill (16 posts)

Seth–thanks so much for the fix.

I’m nearing the first public release of the “real” browser application framework. It will work with the latest version of dojo and include examples. I’ll post to the forum when it’s out.

Best, Rawld

08 Mar 2011, 22:57
Rcg2_pragsmall

Rawld Gill (16 posts)

See http://forums.pragprog.com/forums/58/topics/8767 for more details.

Thanks, Rawld

You must be logged in to comment