05 Aug 2008, 00:29
Generic-user-small

zhao lu (14 posts)

Mike,

I added karate poke to my facebook but i don’t see the application at all! I don’t know if anyone else can play with it or if it doesn’t work for some reason, could you please confirm?

Zhao

07 Aug 2008, 05:32
Generic-user-small

Michael (3 posts)

Didn’t work for me as of earlier today.

20 Aug 2008, 16:10
Head_pragsmall

Mike Mangino (543 posts)

Can you try it now? I published a new version recently that should catch it up with the book.

09 Sep 2008, 21:23
Generic-user-small

zhao lu (14 posts)

yes it’s working.

25 Sep 2008, 08:00
Generic-user-small

Martin Karlsch (1 post)

Has something changed? Because for me the app does not work.

I have a Battles and an Attack Tab - however the Attack Tab only contains a single select box with possible moves, nothing else. Also the app does not appear in the “Boxes” Tab on the profile page.

Any ideas? I’m a little bit sad that the first example I tried from the book did not work out :-(

25 Sep 2008, 12:03
Head_pragsmall

Mike Mangino (543 posts)

Martin, Can you perform the attack? I can select a user and attack people when I visit the application. I also don’t get the prompt to add the application to my profile. I’ll update the application with the latest code today.

Sorry about that! Mike

25 Sep 2008, 14:45
Head_pragsmall

Mike Mangino (543 posts)

I just pushed out an update that makes the profile code work for me. I also made the code available on github at http://github.com/mmangino/karate_poke/tree/master

29 Sep 2008, 20:56
Jonc_profilepic_pragsmall

Jon Cecchettini (6 posts)

I just purchased the beta pdf, and I’m trying to add the karate poke app to my facebook account. When I go to the app url (http://apps.new.facebook.com/karate_poke/), I just see a blank facebook page (has the facebook top-nav bar, and ads in the right column, but no app info). When I search for karate poke, and navigate to the app home page, I see a message indicating: “This application cannot be added to your Pages.”. Help please.

Thanks, Jon

29 Sep 2008, 21:33
Head_pragsmall

Mike Mangino (543 posts)

Can you try it now? I had a server problem on my end.

30 Sep 2008, 16:42
Jonc_profilepic_pragsmall

Jon Cecchettini (6 posts)

That allowed me to view and accept the Allow Access prompt, and make a move on one of my friends.

Should I see Karate Poke in my list of apps on my home page? It is not there (I tried logging in on a different browser as well). Also, the profile page for Karate Poke still tell me “This application cannot be added to your Pages.”. Is that right?

Thanks Mike!

30 Sep 2008, 17:40
Head_pragsmall

Mike Mangino (543 posts)

To get it in your list of apps, you’ll need to bookmark the application. That changed after the book went to print.

The application cannot be added to pages. Only users can install it.

18 Dec 2008, 02:59
Generic-user-small

Hugo Frappier (3 posts)

Just received the book today. Yeah! And when I go on the Karate Poke page on FB, I get a blank page. I bookmarked it, and it is still blank. Strange, because if I hover on the page, there are some avatar tooltips, but I can’t see anything. Tried in Firefox, same problem.

If I go to the application page, it says that I can’t install the application (This application cannot be added to your Pages). Could that be related?

18 Dec 2008, 15:37
Head_pragsmall

Mike Mangino (543 posts)

Sorry about that! I made a DNS mistake. It should be fixed now.

Mike

13 Jan 2012, 09:08
Generic-user-small

Wolfgang Mueller (1 post)

I got the same problem right now: blank page for Karate Poke … :-(

You must be logged in to comment