06 Aug 2009, 04:00
Generic-user-small

Adan Pardo Zurita (1 post)

Hey guys.

I’m here to begin on my journey on the many awesome trips i’ve seen throughout the pragmatic series.

And this one is the “Join a forum and contribute”… I believe in taking small actions little by little towards bigger and bigger goals.

By joining the forum and then actually posting, i think i will be on my way very well on to achieve.

I would love to listen from other people who have begun on the same journey , how long it has taken them and what interesting experiences they might have up until now.

Teaching is the best/fastest way to learn.

Adam

21 Aug 2009, 02:51
Generic-user-small

Steve Zhang (22 posts)

I like this book, today I just finished it. I think I need to read it one more time. For me chapter 4 and 5 are the most difficult part, it took me a long time to finish them. I like chapter 2 most.

Actually some of the technologies I already knew before, such as mind map, right brain, SQ3R, inner game, etc, but I did not use them deliberately. Andy put all of them together in his own words, good job!

28 Dec 2010, 21:12
Bc-the_20rock_pragsmall

Patrick Lane (2 posts)

I really like how Chapter 4 talks about using ““sensory input” to stimulate learning. Since then, i’ve been listening to ambient music while reading and it really helps alot. I feel like I’m in Barnes & Noble. Also, theres something about martial arts that just goes hand-in-hand with computer programming. Can anyone help me out or agree/disagree with me on this?

11 Dec 2012, 18:24
310216_10152142832220504_1180462827_n_pragsmall

Francis G-Tessier (2 posts)

My favorite part : - Chapter 2 : Journey from novice to Expert 1. Difference between novice and expert : use rules for novice and intuition for expert.

• Chapter 3 : This is your brain and Chapter 4 : Get in your right mind
    1. Understand right brain and left brain. Advice for engage the right brain. Advice for harvest right brain informations.

This book is become my life’s book. It joined my passions, my vision of life and my skills. All this in one book. Thanks Andy.

11 Dec 2012, 18:32
310216_10152142832220504_1180462827_n_pragsmall

Francis G-Tessier (2 posts)

Patrick Lane. I suggest that martial arts engage your R-mode (right brain) to L-mode (left brain) flow. You will be familiar with this technique when you are programming. This technique facilitate learning and problem solving.

You must be logged in to comment