11 May 2009, 16:15
Hmart_pic1_200px_pragsmall

Hugo Martinez (7 posts)

Hello,

I would like to know if the publisher/author are interested in publish some update, given the lot of changes in Android 1.5 SDK. Thanks for the great book.

11 May 2009, 17:55
Burnette_ed_pragsmall

Ed Burnette (1316 posts)

Yes, we’re working on a 1.5 update of the PDF now.

16 May 2009, 02:54
Generic-user-small

Francis (1 post)

Hello,

I’m new to android and I would like to learn the latest release of android sdk.

If a buy the paper book, any way to get the updated pdf or a chapter about differences between 1.1 and 1.5 ? Is the actual book usable to learn Android SDK 1.5 ?

Thanks.

16 May 2009, 05:31
Generic-user-small

Bob Evans (1 post)

Any ETA on the 1.5 changes? Also, if I buy now, will I be eligible for a free upgrade?

Thanks, Bob

20 May 2009, 10:14
Generic-user-small

Israel Ferrer Camacho (2 posts)

Maybe its a great idea to add an example of AppWidget Framework a new feature in Android 1.5 :)

20 May 2009, 19:40
Burnette_ed_pragsmall

Ed Burnette (1316 posts)

The first beta will be available next week in time for Google I/O. And yes, I’m planning to write a new Widget example for a future beta.

Normally this would be counted as a 2nd edition and you’d have to buy it all over again. But in this case the publisher has agreed to make it a free eBook-only upgrade for all current eBook owners (PDF, epub, and mobi). This includes people who bought the PDF version or the Book+PDF combo.

If you just bought the paper version before, then this would be a good excuse to upgrade to the eBook edition! See http://pragprog.com/coupon to get a big discount.

You must be logged in to comment